- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
As a consultant with over 10 years of Cognos BI experience, Juan A. Padilla is an expert in helping organizations develop and implement Business Intelligence solutions. As the first in a series of books on Cognos products, with Cognos 8 BI for Consumers, Padilla provides a step-by-step introductory guide for the key component of the Cognos infrastructure: Cognos Connection. This book walks the reader through the fundamentals of Cognos Connection, the powerful web portal that is the foundation for all users of Cognos 8 BI, from end users to administrators. The guide relies heavily on screen images that demonstrate product workflow and available features; even readers who do not have "live" access to Cognos software can learn about it!
This guide has been designed for:
- companies evaluating Cognos as a potential BI solution and need to know the capabilities before purchasing;
- those planning to use Cognos products professionally, e.g. job-seekers or consultants;
- organizations using previous versions of Cognos who need to evaluate the latest version before upgrading or migrating; and
- novice "hands-on" users of Cognos, for whom this guide will be an "anytime, anywhere" tutorial and reference source.
In this book, you will discover:
- how Cognos Connection functions;
- how to work with reports, including scheduling, setting parameters and changing formats;
- how to customize the look and feel of the interface to your preferences;
- a simulation of Cognos' security features; and
- report samples that show the powerful reporting capabilities of Cognos 8 BI.