2. The Cold War Begins, 1945-50
3. Competition and Coexistence, 1950-62
4. From Cold War to Detente, 1963-73
5. From Détente to Confrontation, 1973-80
6. The Rise and Fall of the Second Cold War, 1981-91
7. Understanding the Cold War
this will in any case make it a valuable addition to an undergraduate classroom...Overall, however, as an introduction to the most significant players and events of the Cold War, Painter's volume will be a helpful asset to instructors as the undergraduate level, particularly if used in
tandem with other materials that correct or answer some of the more disputable assertions.