Ben Forta is Allaire Corporation's product evangelist for the ColdFusion product line. Ben has over 15 years of experience in the computer industry, and spent 6 years as part of the development team responsible for creating OnTime, one of the most successful calendar and group-scheduling products, with over one million users worldwide. Ben is the author of the popular ColdFusion Web Application Construction Kit, and it's sequel Advanced ColdFusion 4 Application Development, as well as books on JSP (JavaServer Pages), WAP, and other technologies.
ColdFusion 5 Web Application Construction Kitby Ben Forta, Be Forta, David Golden, John Coummings, David Crawfiord
This new edition will be
Ever since its first edition this title has remained the definitive tutorial and reference on ColdFusion and related technologies. As ColdFusion has evolved and matured, so has this book - and to the development community this book is part of the ColdFusion experience. This new edition is scheduled to be part of the ColdFusion 5 launch.
This new edition will be updated to cover new features and options in ColdFusion 5, the next major upgrade for this product.
This book teaches all the basics required to be able to create complete and professional applications, including:
- Create real-time, secure, scalable, web based applications
- Use the new ColdFusion Studio development tools, including the WYSIWYG editor and the interactive SQL query builder
- Developer Intranet applications to interact with existing corporate databases
- Create secure e-commerce sites
- Use the new debugging tools and features
- Generate business graphics using the new graphing engine
- Implement security and access control
- Create reusable components
- Build complete applications from the ground up
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.31(w) x 9.10(h) x 2.18(d)
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews
This is THE BOOK to learn Cold Fusion from. In addition, it makes an excellent reference for developers of all levels. It's well written and organized. The only thing I've noticed that I think it's missing is more clarification on the CFLOOP tag, but overall it's an outstanding book.
This book has been a great improvement over the previous. Now with the reference CD and extra material, this book is a great pick. Not only does it cover ColdFusion, but also programming methodologies and other technologies that go with ColdFusion.