Introduction: The Evolution of Collaborative, Compentency-Based Therapies and “The Third Wave”.
I. CREATING A CONTEXT FOR CHANGE THROUGH COLLABORATION.
1. Foundations of a Collaborative, Compentency-Based Approach to Counseling and Psychotherapy.
2. Creating Collaborative Relationships Through Attending, Listening and Language.
II. CLARIFYING CONCERNS AND COMPLAINTS, GOALS, AND PREFERRED OUTCOMES.
3. Creating Change Through Collaborative, Compentency-Based Conversations.
4. Creating and Clarifying Preferences, Goals, and Preferred Outcomes.
III. CREATING CHANGE IN THE REALMS OF VIEWING, ACTION, AND CONTEXT.
5. Changing the Viewing of Problems.
6. Changing the Doing of Problems.
7. Changing Contextual Propensities Associated with Problems.
IV. EVALUATING PROGRESS, PLANNING NEXT STEPS, AND ENDING THERAPY.
8. Identifying, Amplifying, and Extending Change in Future Sessions.
9. Planning for the End from the Beginning.
Epilogue: Toward a Personalized Theory of Counseling and Psychotherapy.
Appendix I. Process and Outcome Measures.
Appendix II. Collaborative, Competency-Based Bibliography.