This Halcyon Classics ebook collection contains nine works by California conservationist John Muir (1838-1914). Scottish-born Muir was an early advocate of Conservation in the United States; his activism led to the establishment of the Sierra Club. Muir is perhaps best known for his efforts to preserve the Yosemite Valley and Sequoia National Park, and his unsuccessful attempts to stop the damming of the Hetch Hetchy Valley near San Francisco.
This ebook is DRM free and includes an active table of contents for easy navigation.
• Studies in the Sierra (1874)
• Picturesque California (1890)
• The Mountains of California (1894)
• The Grand Canyon of the Colorado (1902)
• Stickeen: The Story of a Dog (1909)
• The Yosemite (1912)
• The Story of My Boyhood and Youth (1913)
• Travels in Alaska (1915)
• Steep Trails (1919)