- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
|Colonial Encounters in the Age of High Imperialism is the first book in the Longman World History Series, edited by Michael Adas. This title examines the world-transforming experience of Western imperialism during the period from 1870 to 1914. Case studies focus specifically on Belgium and the Congo, Hawaii and the United States, and India and Britain and examine the experiences of both colonizers and colonized, men and women, elite officials and faceless laborers.|
1. The Last Wave: Europe's Conquest of Africa, 1880-1900.
2. The Heart of Imperial Darkness: King Leopold's Congo.
3. Patterns and Contexts: Colonizing Technologies.
4. Islands of Manifest Destiny: America in Hawaii.
5. Patterns and Contexts: Imperial Diasporas.
6. Imperium et Libertas: Conflicting Ideologies in British India, 1875-1900.
7. Patterns and Contexts: Women as Colonizers and Colonized.