Colorectal Surgerymeets the needs of surgeons in higher training and practising consultants for a contemporary and evidence-based account of this sub-specialty that is relevant to their general surgical practice. It is a practical reference source incorporating the most current information on recent developments, management issues and operative procedures. The text is thoroughly referenced and supported by evidence-based recommendations wherever possible, distinguishing between strong evidence to support a conclusion, and evidence suggesting that a recommendation can be reached on the balance of probabilities.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
• The Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series provides a current and concise summary of the key topics within each major surgical sub-specialty.
• Each volume highlights evidence-based practice both in the text and within the extensive list of references at the end of every chapter.
• Purchase of a print book also includes a downloadable version of the eBook.
• An expanded authorship team across the series includes additional European and World experts with an increased emphasis on global practice.
• The contents of the series have been extensively revised in line with recently published evidence.
• New techniques, such as percutaneous and transcutaneous tibial nerve stimulation for faecal incontinence as well as extralevator abdomino-perineal excision, are fully covered.