The Coming to America Cookbook: Delicious Recipes and Fascinating Stories from America's Many Culturesby Joan D'Amico, Karen E. Drummond
Who knew culture could be so delicious? In THE COMING TO AMERICA COOKBOOK, you'll discover how America's immigrants have lived and dined over the centuries. This scrumptious survey of a wide variety of cuisine--Mexican, Irish, Chinese, Moroccan, Turkish, Ethiopian, Nigerian, and/b>
COOK UP A HEAPING DISH OF CULTURE WITH TASTY RECIPES FROM AMERICAN IMMIGRANTS
Who knew culture could be so delicious? In THE COMING TO AMERICA COOKBOOK, you'll discover how America's immigrants have lived and dined over the centuries. This scrumptious survey of a wide variety of cuisine--Mexican, Irish, Chinese, Moroccan, Turkish, Ethiopian, Nigerian, and many more--blends together an appetizing mix of kid-friendly recipes and fun food facts throughout each chapter.
Kids will have a great time learning about each culture's distinctive foods and traditions while they cook up easy and yummy recipes, including:
- NAAN, a bread made with yogurt, which is a staple of Indian cooking
- SAVORY SHRIMP OVER RICE, a recipe from Northern Italy passed down through generations
- BRATWURST WITH SAUERKRAUT, a favorite dish of Wisconsin, where many Germans settles in the nineteenth century
- BANANA STRAWBERRY BATIDOS, icy Cuban drinks that are as common as cola in cities with many Cuban residents, such as Miami
- DUTCH WINDMILL COOKIES, which are traditionally made in the Netherlands at Christmas time
Jacki Vawter, Ph.D.
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.54(w) x 9.35(h) x 0.39(d)
- Age Range:
- 9 - 14 Years
Read an Excerpt
Meet the Author
JOAN D’AMICO is a cooking instructor at King’s Cookingstudio in New Jersey and an educational consultant.
KAREN EICH DRUMMOND is a registered dietitian and the author of several adult cookbooks.
The two also coauthored The Science Chef, The Science Chef Travels Around the World, The Math Chef, The Healthy Body Cookbook, The United States Cookbook and The U.S. History Cookbook, all from Wiley.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews