- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Be prepared with the bestselling guide to the laws that govern construction
Knowledge of construction law and employment law is essential to running a successful construction business. This Fourth Edition of the bestselling Smith, Currie & Hancock's Common Sense Construction Law provides a practical introduction to the significant legal topics and questions affecting construction industry professionals. Like its popular previous editions, this Fourth Edition translates the sometimes-confusing theories, principles, and established rules that regulate the business into clear, lay-person's English.
This new edition updates the comprehensive scope of its predecessors with:
The most up-to-date and thorough guide to a sometimes intimidating but critical aspect of the practice of construction, Smith, Currie & Hancock's Common Sense Construction Law, Fourth Edition gives industry professionals the knowledge they need to avoid legal surprises and gain a competitive advantage.
1. The Legal Context of Construction.
2. Alternative Contracting Methods.
3. Preparing to Work In A New State: Preproposal and Performance Considerations.
4. Competing For the Contract.
5. Intepreting the Contract.
6. The Uniform Construction Code and the Construction Industry.
7. The Authority and Responsibility of the Design official.
8. Subcontract Administration and Dispute Avoidance.
9. Contract Changes.
10. Differening Site Conditions.
11. Schedules, Delays, and Acceleration.
12. Inspection, Acceptance, Warranties, and Commissioning.
13. Management Techniques to Limit Risks and Avoid Disputes.
14. Payment Bonds.
15. Performance Bonds and Termination.
16. Proving Costs and Damages.
17. Construction Industry Environmental and Safety Concerns.
18. Construction Insurance.
19. Labor and Employment Issues Affecting the Construction Industry.
20. Bankruptcy in the Construction Setting.
21. Resolution of Construction Disputes of Federal Government Construction Contract Disputes.