Communication Skills in Pharmacy Practice: A Practical Guide for Students and Practitioners / Edition 5by Robert S. Beardsley, Carole Kimberlin, William N. Tindall
The Fifth Edition of Communication Skills in Pharmacy Practice helps pharmacy and pharmacy technician students learn the principles, skills, and practices that are the foundation for clear communication and the essential development of trust between them and their future patients. This text's logical organization guides students from theory and basic principles to… See more details below
The Fifth Edition of Communication Skills in Pharmacy Practice helps pharmacy and pharmacy technician students learn the principles, skills, and practices that are the foundation for clear communication and the essential development of trust between them and their future patients. This text's logical organization guides students from theory and basic principles to practical skills development to the application of those skills in everyday encounters. Sample dialogues show students how to effectively communicate and practical exercises fine tune their communication skills in dealing with a variety of sensitive situations that arise in pharmacy practice
NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION:
- New Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician Instructor's Manuals available on the textbook's thePoint site help faculty administer and deliver their courses.
- New chapter on medication safety and communication skills (Chapter 9) offers strategies to reduce medication errors and protect patient safety.
- New chapter on electronic communication in healthcare (Chapter 13) provides guidelines to avoid common misunderstandings via email and the Internet.
- Expanded coverage of communication skills and interprofessional collaboration (Chapter 12) helps students learn how to effectively interact with other members of the healthcare team
- New photographs, illustrations, and tables visually engage students and enhance learning and retention of important concepts.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1: Patient-Centered Communication in Pharmacy Practice
CHAPTER 2: Principles and Elements of Interpersonal Communication
CHAPTER 3: Nonverbal Communication
CHAPTER 4: Barriers to Communication
CHAPTER 5: Listening and Empathic Responding
CHAPTER 6: Assertiveness
CHAPTER 7: Interviewing and Assessment
CHAPTER 8: Helping Patients Manage Therapeutic Regimens
CHAPTER 9: Medication Safety and Communication Skills
CHAPTER 10: Strategies to Meet Specific Needs
CHAPTER 11: Communicating with Children about Medicines
CHAPTER 12: Communication Skills and Interprofessional Collaboration
CHAPTER 13: Electronic Communication in Healthcare
CHAPTER 14: Ethical Behavior when Communicating with Patients
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >