Communities and Technologies / Edition 1by M.H. Huysman
Pub. Date: 08/31/2003
Publisher: Springer Netherlands
The book contains 24 research articles related to the emerging research field of Communities and Technologies (C&T). The papers treat subjects such as online communities, communities of practice, Community support systems, Digital Cities, regional communities and the internet, knowledge sharing and communities, civil communities, communities and education and… See more details below
The book contains 24 research articles related to the emerging research field of Communities and Technologies (C&T). The papers treat subjects such as online communities, communities of practice, Community support systems, Digital Cities, regional communities and the internet, knowledge sharing and communities, civil communities, communities and education and social capital. As a result of a very quality-oriented review process, the work reflects the best of current research and practice in the field of C&T.
- Springer Netherlands
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.04(d)
Table of Contents
- How Practice Matters: A Relational View of Knowledge Sharing; C. Østerlund, P. Carlile.
- Structural Analysis of Communities of Practice: An Investigation of Job Title, Location and Management Intention; J.T. Allatta.
- Episteme or practice? Differentiated Communitarian Structures in a Biology Laboratory; F. Créplet, O. Dupouët, E. Vaast.
- We Can See You: A Study of Communities' Invisible People through ReachOut; V. Soroka, M. Jacovi, S. Ur.
Email as Spectroscopy: Automated Discovery of Community Structure within Organizations; J.R. Tyler, D.M. Wilkinson, B.A. Huberman.
- Multimedia Fliers: Information Sharing With Digital Community Bulletin Boards; E.F. Churchill, L. Nelson, L. Denoue.
- Knowledge Sharing in Knowledge Communities; B. van den Hooff, W. Elving, J.M. Meeuwsen, C. Dumoulin.
- Uses of information sources in an Internet-era firm: Online and offline; A. Quan-Haase, J. Cothrel.
- Communities and other Social Structures for Knowledge Sharing - A Case Study in an Internet Consultancy Company; I. Ruuska, M. Vartiainen.
- Intranets and Local Community: 'Yes, an intranet is all very well, but do we still get free beer and a barbeque?' M. Arnold, M.R. Gibbs, P. Wright.
- Learning and Collaboration across Generations in a Community; M.B. Rosson, J.M. Carroll.
- The African Dream - a Pan-African E-community Project; D. Biggs, C. Purnell.
- The Role of Social Capital in Regional Technological Innovation: Seeing both the wood and the trees; L. Tamaschke.
- Weak Ties in Networked Communities; A. Kavanaugh, D.D. Reese, J.M. Carroll, M.B. Rosson.
- A Bayesian Computational Model of Social Capital in Virtual Communities; B. Kei Daniel, J.-D. Zapata-Rivera, G. McCalla.
- I-DIAG: From Community Discussion to Knowledge Distillation; M.S. Ackerman, A. Swenson, S. Cotterill, K. DeMaagd.
- The Role of Knowledge Artifacts in Innovation Management: The Case of a Chemical Compound Designer CoP; S. Bandini, E. Colombo, G. Colombo, F. Sartori, C. Simone.
- Supporting an Experiment of a Community Support System: Community Analysis and Maintenance Functions in the Public Opinion Channel; T. Fukuhara, M. Chikama, T. Nishida.
- Patients' Online Communities Experiences of Emergent Swedish Self-help on the Internet; U. Josefsson.
- When Users Push Back: Oppositional New Media and Community; L.A. Lievrouw.
- Babel in the international café: A respectful critique; B. Trayner.
- Synchronizing Asynchronous Collaborative Learners; J. Lundin.
- Community Support in Universities - The Drehscheibe Project; M. Koch.
- Adding Connectivity and Loosing Context with ICT: Contrasting learning situations from a community of practice perspective; P. Arnold, J.D. Smith.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >