Community/Public Health Nursing: Promoting the Health of Populationsby Mary A. Nies, Melanie McEwen
Covering the nurse's role in promoting community health, Community/Public Health Nursing, 5th Edition is known for its "upstream" preventive focus and social justice approach, photo novellas with clinical stories, and a concise, readable style. It shows how you, as a nurse, can take an active role in social action and health policy- especially in caring for/b>
Covering the nurse's role in promoting community health, Community/Public Health Nursing, 5th Edition is known for its "upstream" preventive focus and social justice approach, photo novellas with clinical stories, and a concise, readable style. It shows how you, as a nurse, can take an active role in social action and health policy- especially in caring for diverse population groups. Expert authors Mary A. Nies and Melanie McEwen discuss today's issues and trends, and describe the key issues and responsibilities of contemporary community/public health nursing.
• An "upstream" focus addresses factors that are the precursors to poor health in the community.
• A "social justice" approach promotes health for everyone.
• Photo novellas use photographs to tell stories showing real-life clinical scenarios and applications of important community health nursing roles.
• Case Study: Application of the Nursing Process feature presents specific community components of the nursing process separately from individual and family.
• Clinical examples offer snippets of real-life client situations.
• Research Highlights boxes show the application of current research to chapter content.
• Ethical Insights boxes highlight ethical issues and concerns.
• Healthy People 2020 boxes summarize objectives and their importance in community health.
• Objectives, key terms, and chapter outlines introduce important concepts and terminology at the beginning of every chapter.
• Learning Activities at the end of each chapter ask you to apply concepts to the world outside the classroom.
• New Health Promotion and Risk Reduction chapter details the promotion of health and presents strategies that can identify risk factors for illness.
• Faith Community Nursing chapter reflects current terminology from the ANA's Scope and Standards of Practice, and includes more coverage of the spiritual health of clients.
• Health: A Community View chapter expands its discussion of the continual challenges and strategies associated with the delivery of health care.
• Communicable Disease chapter includes new information about public health surveillance, outbreaks, and bioterrorism.
• Cultural Diversity and Community Health Nursing chapter features new content on complementary and alternative therapies.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 10.80(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.70(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Focused chapters. Great information, tables, and illustrations.
Well worth the money for the student or person interested in the role of Community nursing and health.
Excellent book for student and professional!