- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This new guide gives owners all the must-knows about cat behavior, whether they share their ...
This new guide gives owners all the must-knows about cat behavior, whether they share their home with a single feline or a clowder of cat companions. You'll learn why cats act with cat-egorical aggression, and learn how to soothe the growls and turn your household into a peaceable kingdom. You'll find detailed prescriptive how-to advice focused in the most common problems found in the multi-cat household. Use these fun techniques to calm fears, explain cat body language, and strengthen the bond you share with your cats. Step by step tips from this award-winning author and certified animal behavior consultant explain how to:
• Recognize and diffuse cat-to-cat aggression
• Settle disputes over territory, potty problems and mealtime woes
• Train your cat to walk on leash, come when called and more
• Choose an appropriate furry friend that resident cats welcome with open "paws"
• Introduce the new arrival (including babies, kids and dogs) to the current cats
• Solve common pet peeves: meowing, clawing, countertop cruising, door dashing
• Understand weird behaviors: phone attraction, mirror fear, "elevator butt" and toilet pests
Fun, practical, and eminently informative, ComPETability helps owners devise strategies that enable multiple cats to live in harmony within the same household. Written by one of America's premier pet experts, the book explains everything the loving cat owner needs to know. Most importantly, ComPETability provides crucial tips on how to evaluate and match your pets' personalities, improve their relationships, and make your home a sanctuary for cat fun and peace.
For more pet behavior advice refer to:
ComPETability: Solving Behavior Problems In Your CAT/DOG Household
ComPETability: Solving Behavior Problems In Your Multi-DOG Household