Complete Book of Horses and Ridingby Judith Draper, Debby Sly
The horse is one of the most beautiful and complex animals, and has fascinated mankind for many thousands of years. The purpose of this book is to capture some of the magic associated with horses - why so many have devoted their lives to them. It also aims, on a more practical level, to provide invaluable information for anyone with an equestrian interest,
The horse is one of the most beautiful and complex animals, and has fascinated mankind for many thousands of years. The purpose of this book is to capture some of the magic associated with horses - why so many have devoted their lives to them. It also aims, on a more practical level, to provide invaluable information for anyone with an equestrian interest, whether you ride for pleasure or competition, are planning on buying your first horse or pony, or just love horses.
- A practical training course on how to ride, with step-by-step photographs, and a complete encyclopedia of horse breeds
- An illustrated guide to horse and pony breeds of the world
- Expert advice on choose and looking after your horse, including stable management, grooming and exercise, health and first aid
- A complete guide to learning how to ride, form first steps to tackling fences
- An illustrated catalog of saddlery and riding equipment for riders of all levels
- Hermes House
- Publication date:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.60(w) x 8.60(h) x 1.30(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Guarantee you will use it! I've ridden for over forty (40) years and found this a succinct, comprehensive reference. Actually purchased it as a source book for my daughter who is just starting to learn to ride but have found it useful for myself as well. I would recommend it as a reference for any horse enthusiasts library be they novice or experienced.
My uncle bought this book for me for my birthday. I have only been riding for about 2 months, and the information in this book is never-ending. Very interesting and helpful to a person, like me, who has been riding for a short time or for someone who has been riding for 10 or 11 years!
Bought this as a Christmas present for a 16 year old who loved it.