Read an Excerpt
The Complete Book of Questions1001 Conversation Starters for Any Occasion
By Garry Poole
ZondervanCopyright © 2003 Willow Creek Association
All right reserved.
Chapter OneLIGHT & EASY
1. Do you squeeze the toothpaste tube or roll it? What's the advantage of your method?
2. How many siblings do you have? What's your birth order?
3. What's something you've won and how did you win it?
4. What's one of your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
5. What's something your parents used to say to you as a child that you promised yourself you'd never say-but now you catch yourself saying all the time?
6. What's something you intended to do today, but didn't? Why not?
7. Using only one word per person, what was your first impression of each person present with you now?
8. What's something that people do in traffic that really bothers you?
9. Who is the closest friend you've ever had? Describe that relationship.
10. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
11. What room in your house best reflects your personality? Explain why.
12. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles usually look like?
13. What do you do if you can't sleep at night? Do you count sheep, toss and turn, or get up and try to do something productive?
14. Which do you do more often: hum or whistle? Hum or whistle your answer.
15. What animal are you the most like? Why? 16. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
17. Do you save old greeting cards and letters, or throw them all away? Why?
18. On a scale of 1 to 10, how well do you sing?
19. When you're alone at home, do you wear shoes, socks, slippers, or go barefoot?
20. What are the advantages and disadvantages of being your height?
21. When was the last picnic you went on? Describe it.
22. How many discount or savings coupons do you clip in an average month? How many expire before you use them?
23. Who's the biggest "pack rat" you know? 24. Whose autographs have you collected?
25. What's something you should throw away, but can't? Explain.
26. What food items did you eat so far today?
27. How often do you get a haircut? Describe your worst haircut.
Excerpted from The Complete Book of Questions by Garry Poole Copyright © 2003 by Willow Creek Association . Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.
Excerpts are provided by Dial-A-Book Inc. solely for the personal use of visitors to this web site.