Complete Digital Photography, Second Edition / Edition 2by Ben Long
Pub. Date: 12/03/2002
Publisher: Cengage Delmar Learning
Complete Digital Photography is written for photographers of all skill levels who want to use digital cameras to produce quality images. If you're an amateur or hobbyist photographer looking to take better pictures, and you've decided to use a digital camera instead of traditional film, this book will show you the fundamental technical concerns of shooting good… See more details below
Complete Digital Photography is written for photographers of all skill levels who want to use digital cameras to produce quality images. If you're an amateur or hobbyist photographer looking to take better pictures, and you've decided to use a digital camera instead of traditional film, this book will show you the fundamental technical concerns of shooting good pictures. If you're an experienced film photographer interested in making the switch to digital photography, and you want to understand the new technology, you'll learn what's really different about working with a digital camera.In this updated, full-color edition, you'll learn about the latest cameras and technologies, as well as the most recent updates to the software and hardware that you need to edit and print your pictures. Using a variety of practical tutorials, you'll learn about the technical details you need to understand to produce high-quality digital photographs, including image editing, retouching, color correction, noise reduction, compositing, masking, special effects, and more. The image editing examples and tutorials are built around Adobe Photoshop; however, because most image editing programs have the same basic tools and interface, the concepts and examples covered apply to just about any image editing tool. KEY FEATURES
- Presents a beautiful, full-color guide to digital photography
- Teaches professional photography techniques that will help you take better digital pictures
- Includes a variety of practical lessons and tutorials, including new video tutorials (on the CD-ROM) on noise reduction, color correction, and cloning
- Contains updated information on editing and special effects
- Explains how to select a camera for your specific needs along with the hardware and software you'll need to create a powerful digital photography system
- IMAGES: Many of the images found in the book in JPEG or TIFF format along with comparison photos taken with a number of different cameras are included on the CD allowing you to examine them more closely, or even print them out on your printer of choice.
- TUTORIALS All of the files you need to complete the book's tutorials.
- VIDEOS QuickTime movie tutorials demonstrating several image editing techniques, including noise reduction, color correction, and cloning.
- Adobe Systems Incorporated
- KepMad Systems
iView MediaPro (MAC)
- iView Multimedia Ltd.
Portraits & Prints (MAC)
- Econ Technologies, Inc.
Quantum Mechanic (WIN/MAC)
- Camera Bits
Qimage Pro (WIN)
- Digital Domain, Inc.
Both systems require QuickTime 6. MACINTOSH: Power PC-based Mac with 128 MB of RAM and 350 MB of free disc space; System 9.1, 9.2.x, or Mac OS X v10.1.3 or later; Color monitor and video card capable of displaying thousands of colors; Monitor resolution of 800 x 600 or greater; CD-ROM drive. WINDOWS: Pentium processor with 128 MB of RAM and 150 MB of free disk space; Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows XP Home/Professional; Color monitor and video card capable of displaying thousands of colors; Monitor resolution of 800 x 600 or greater; CR-ROM drive
About the Author
Ben Long (San Francisco, CA) is a successful writer, producer, videographer and author. His previous books include Making Digital Videos, Complete Digital Photography, and the best-selling The Digital Filmmaking Handbook, Second Edition.
- Cengage Delmar Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 2nd Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.34(w) x 9.28(h) x 1.03(d)
Table of Contents
|How Good Are Digital Photos|
|How a Digital Camera Works|
|A Quick Primer|
|Choosing a Digital Camera|
|Building a Workstation|
|Preparing Your Images for Editing|
|Correcting Tone and Color|
|Building Your Editing Arsenal|
|Essential Editing Tactics|
|App A: Further Reading|
|App B: About the CD-ROM|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >