Complete Guide to Home Canning, Preserving & Drying Foods with Canning Q&Aby US Dept of Agriculture
This Guide offers:-
* Detailed directions for making sugar syrups; and for canning fruits and fruit products, tomatoes and tomato products, vegetables, red meats, poultry, sea foods, and pickles and relishes. Also help with choosing the right quantities and quality of raw foods. Most recipes are designed to yield a full canner load of… See more details below
- Checkmark NOOK Press Shop Now
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
This Guide offers:-
* Detailed directions for making sugar syrups; and for canning fruits and fruit products, tomatoes and tomato products, vegetables, red meats, poultry, sea foods, and pickles and relishes. Also help with choosing the right quantities and quality of raw foods. Most recipes are designed to yield a full canner load of pints or quarts. ( guides 1-7)
* Recipes for preserving foods by drying.
Recipes For The Drying Of Fruits & Vegetables
Cooking Dried Vegetables
How To Construct A Natural-Draft Dehydrator For Home Use
*Early 1900's Canning recipes for Soups, Fish, curing, smoking and preserving Meats and much more
Canning Soups recipes
Cream of Pea Soup
Cream of Potato Soup.
Bean Soup .
Chicken Broth With Rice
Chicken Gumbo Recipe & much more
Canning Fish Recipes
Fried Fish Canning
Baked Fish Canning
Canned Fish In Oil
Canned Fish In Tomato Sauce
Crawfish Canning & much more
Methods Of Curing Meat
Plain Salt Pork
Smoking Cured Meats
Preserved Or "Canned" Eggs
Recipes For The Making Of Vinegar
Recipes For Fruit Wines and much more
* Plus a Section with Frequent Ask Canning Questions and Answers. Such as:--
Can food be re-canned if the lid does not seal?
How long will canned food keep?
Is it safe to process food in the oven?
Is it all right to reuse jar fittings (lids and bands)?
Why is open kettle canning not recommended?
Why do the undersides of metal lids sometimes discolor?
What causes jars to break in a canner?
If I find mold growing inside a jar of canned food, can I just scrape it off and eat the food?
How can I remove scale or hard-water film from canning jars?
What causes corn to turn brown during processing?
Why is canning summer squash or zucchini not recommended?
Should giblets of chicken be canned in the same jar with chicken?
Why is it necessary to remove as much fat from meats as possible before canning?
How can I tell when fruit leather is dry?
And Much more....
- RI Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 16 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >