- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A comprehensive exploration of fiction and nonfiction — from the fundamentals of writing simply and directly to preparing a complete manuscript to approaching a publisher. KEY TOPICS: Selecting characters; using classic “hooks,” creating effective dialog; developing theme fiction, fantasy, and sagas; do's and dont's of query letters; writing an interview; finding an agent; and analyzing contracts and royalties.
Professional writers offer advice on the mechanics of writing, composing query letters and submitting manuscripts, hiring an agent, contracts and more.
1. Dynamics of Plot.
2. Viewpoint: The Magic Key to Publishing.
3. How to Open a Short Story or Novel.
4. The Art of Creating Three-Dimensional Characters.
5. How to Create Effective Dialogue.
6. How to Develop a Good Style.
7. How to Create Settings.
8. How to Create the Story: Scene, Summary, and Transition.
9. How to Get Back and Forth in Time.
10. Theme—What's It All About?
11. Do Titles Really Matter?
12. Research Made Easy.
13. Article Writing: How to Begin.
14. How to Write the Query Letter.
15. Writing the Article.
16. The Art of Magazine Characterization.
17. The Interview Article.
18. Whom Are You Writing For — And Why?
19. How to Approach a Publishing House.
20. How to Develop the Proposal (Nonfiction), The Synopsis (Fiction).
21. Everything about Literary Agents.
22. Whee — You received a Contract — Now What?