- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
From property inspections to mortgages, from land surveys to titles and deeds, there are as many different steps involved in buying a home as there are snares to entrap the uninformed buyer. Whether you are purchasing a single-family house, a co-op, a condo, or a building lot, you need a good working knowledge of...
From property inspections to mortgages, from land surveys to titles and deeds, there are as many different steps involved in buying a home as there are snares to entrap the uninformed buyer. Whether you are purchasing a single-family house, a co-op, a condo, or a building lot, you need a good working knowledge of how every step in the process works and what to look out for along the way. The Complete Home Buyer's Bible gives you that know-how--step-by-step and in plain English. While other home buyer's guides are limited to one or another aspect of buying a home, this comprehensive handbook tells you absolutely everything you need to know about how to buy a new home, including:
* How to decide on the style and size of a home that's right for you
* How to determine your price range
* How mortgages work, what type is best for you, and where to find one
* What an appraisal is and how it can affect your purchase
* Where to look for a house, how to choose a location, and how to work with a realtor
* How to inspect a resale or model home and the building lot
* How to qualify the purchase price
* What to do before, during, and after the closing to stay in control of the process
* Titles and deeds--what they are and how they affect your ownership
* Land surveys and topographical maps and how they affect the property
* Zoning laws and how they affect your purchase
* Wells and septic systems--how they function, and what to look out for
* Homeowner's insurance and home warranties
* How to check for environmental dangers such as radon gas and electromagnetic radiation, and what to do about them
* And much more
The Complete Home Buyer's Bible also supplies you with a gold mine of charts, sample forms, tables, checklists, and graphics that give you a tremendous head start on the home-buying process and help you to stay in control throughout from beginning to end.
Should I or Shouldn't I?
What Do I Need?
What Can I Afford?
What Is a Mortgage?
How Can I Find It?
How Do I Qualify the House?
Water--Where Does It Come From?
What Is a Survey?
What Is Zoning.
What Is Title?
What Is a Deed?
How Do I Buy It?
What About Insurance?