Brette McWhorter Sember is a former New York state attorney and skilled mediator. She was on the Law Guardian panel in four counties and acted as a volunteer mediator for the Better Business Bureau. Sember is an expert at explaining and simplifying legal concepts. She has written more than 30 books, including File for Divorce in New York, Tenant's Rights in New York, Landlord's Rights in New York, The Complete Legal Guide to Senior Care, The Complete Credit Repair Kit, The Infertility Answer Book, The Adoption Answer Book, How to Parent with Your Ex, Gay & Lesbian Legal Rights, How to Form a Corporation in New York, Child Custody, Visitation, and Support in New York, Seniors' Rights and many more. Her web site is www.BretteSember.com.
Complete Legal Guide to Senior Careby Brette McWhorter Sember
The Complete Legal Guide to Senior Care contains all the information you need to make the best decisions for the seniors you care about. Written by an attorney, this book explains how to manage residential, financial and medical matters as well as the legal issues that accompany them. In also addresses how to help seniors cope with the emotions that accompany aging and how to discuss with them the delicate issues that aging brings.
This book will guide you in:
- Arranging wills, living wills and powers of attorney
- Evaluating and selecting assisted living residences, continuing care retirement communities and nursing homes
- Considering long-term care insurance, Medigap coverage and reverse mortgages
- Determining the level of care required
- Managing a senior's finances
- Working with other family members to coordinate care
- Balancing your life as a caregiver
- Obtaining hospice care
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews