The Complete Review for the Pharmacy Technician provides baseline knowledge for new community and health-system pharmacy technicians, an overview of important concepts for students entering technician education programs, and a concise and current review of practice- based issues for experienced technicians. In addition, the text covers information needed to understand the knowledge areas in the new Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (PTCE). Based on the most recent PTCE content outline, the chapters span every subject area covered on the exam. KEY FEATURES:
• Introductory chapters have been expanded to include the importance of licensure, registration, and certification for technicians, and new information has been added on important pharmacy laws and regulations.
• In reviewing the technician's role in pharmacy operations and management, chapter updates include revised information on health information technology, pharmacy information systems, electronic medical records, and compounding standards.
• New sections have been added on medication reconciliation, pharmacy quality assurance, inventory management, drug storage, shortages, drug disposal, hazardous drugs, and pharmacogenomics.
• A wide range of color illustrations and figures makes the content accessible and easy to understand.
• The Appendix refers readers to sections of the book that correspond to each knowledge area covered in the new PTCE.