I. Principles of Adolescent Medicine 1. History and Epidemiology 2. Growth and Development 3. Evaluating the Patient and Family 4. General Management Issues 5. The Psychomedical Approach II. Medical Disorders 6. Endocrinology and Metabolism 7. Nutrition and Eating Disorders 8. Cardiovascular System 9. Respiratory System 10. Cystic Fibrosis 11. Hematology and Oncology 12. Nephrology 13. Connective Tissue Disease 14. Central Nervous System 15. Infectious Disease 16. Dermatology 17. Genetic Disorders 18. Allergic Disorders 19. Selected Medical Emergencies III. Psychosocial Issues 20. Family Relationships 21. Cultural and Social Influences 22. Sexuality Issues 23. Problem Behaviors 24. Beharioral and Developmental Health Problems 25. Education IV. Gynecologic, Urologic, and Sexual Issues 26. Gynecology and Urology 27. Sexual Activity V. Surgery 28. Eyes, Ears, Nose, Mouth, and Throat 29. Neurosurgery 30. Orthopedics and Sports Medicine 31. General and Plastic Surgery
Comprehensive Adolescent Health Care / Edition 2by Stanford B. Friedman, S. Kenneth Schonberg, Elizabeth M. Alderman, Alderman Elizabeth M ., Martin M. Fisher
Pub. Date: 09/15/1997
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The first comprehensive text to address adolescent medicine as a separate field of study, COMPREHENSIVE ADOLESCENT HEALTH CARE, 2nd Edition remains a one-stop resource for primary care providers and adolescent medicine subspecialists, covering all aspects of the field in a highly practical format. Completely revised, it includes up-to-date information on drug abuse
The first comprehensive text to address adolescent medicine as a separate field of study, COMPREHENSIVE ADOLESCENT HEALTH CARE, 2nd Edition remains a one-stop resource for primary care providers and adolescent medicine subspecialists, covering all aspects of the field in a highly practical format. Completely revised, it includes up-to-date information on drug abuse, adolescent sexuality, HIV infections, violence, ADD and learning disorders, adolescent pregnancy, financial considerations relevant to adolescent health care, and much more. In addition to its day-to-day usefulness in practice, it is an excellent study reference for the pediatric or internal medicine Boards, both of which now require knowledge of adolescent medicine.
* Includes medical, psychosocial, and surgical problems specific to adolescents, as well as chapters on normal adolescent development.
• Presents unfamiliar concepts in an easy-to-read, jargon-free manner, making it accessible and appealing to a wide range of practitioners.
• Features superb color plates on cervical findings and the Pap smear, dermatologic disorders, and more.
• Includes particularly detailed illustrations of typical progression of female and male pubertal development, and clearly depicts steps in the female pelvic examination.
• Provides a wide perspective on adolescent medicine from over 180 experts, under the editorial guidance of four renowned practitioners in the field.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.98(h) x (d)
- Age Range:
- 18 Years
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews