Comprehensive Handbook of Personality and Psychopathology, Volume 1: Personality and Everyday Functioning / Edition 1by Jay C. Thomas
Personality and Everyday Functioning covers the foundations of personality theory and the impact of personality on normal functioning. Leading personality researchers present chapters on major theories of personality, such as psychoanalytic, developmental, behavioral, and constructivist, to name a few.See more details below
Personality and Everyday Functioning covers the foundations of personality theory and the impact of personality on normal functioning. Leading personality researchers present chapters on major theories of personality, such as psychoanalytic, developmental, behavioral, and constructivist, to name a few.
- Publication date:
- Comprehensive Handbook of Personality and Psychopathology Series
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.70(w) x 11.16(h) x 1.56(d)
Table of Contents
Preface to Volume 1.
PART 1: FOUNDATIONS.
1. Goals of a Theory of Personality (T. Millon & S.Grossman).
2. Dynamics of Individual Relations in Human Development: ADevelopmental Systems Perspective (R. Lerner, et al.).
3. Culture, Personality, and People's Uses of Time: KeyInterrelationships (R. Brislin & K. Lo).
PART 2: BROAD RANGE THEORIES AND SYSTEMS.
4. Psychodynamic Theories of Personality and Psychopathology (D.Wolitzky).
5. Trait and Factor Theories (P. Costa & R. McCrae).
6. Developmental Stage Theories (B. Hayslip, et al.).
7. Behavioral Theories (M. Bolling, et al.).
8. Evolutionary Theories (D. Beaulieu & D. Bugental).
9. Cognitive Theories (D. Dozois, et al.).
10. Existential and Humanistic Theories (P. Wong).
11. Constructivist Theories (J. Raskin).
PART 3: MID-RANGE THEORIES.
12. Role Motivation Theories (J. Miner).
13. Vocational Interests (K. Low & J. Rounds).
14. Positive and Negative Affect: Bridging State and Traits (P.Silvia & J. Warburton).
15. Explanatory Style and Well-Being (D. Wise & J.Rosqvist).
16. Hardiness: The Courage to Be Resilient (S. Maddi).
17. Sensation Seeking, Risk Taking, and Fearlessness (G.Arnaut).
18. Personality and the Transformational Leader (R. Aditya).
19. Person-Environment Fit and Performance (J. Binning, etal.).
20. "Sub-Clinical" Psychopaths (J. LeBreton, et al.).
21. Gender, Personality, and Psychopathology (P. Williams &H. Gunn).
22. Organizational Climate, Personality Interactions, andOrganizational Behavior (D. Svyantek & J. Bott).
23. A Classification of DSM-IV-TR Mental Disorders According totheir Relation to the Personality System (J. Mayer).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >