Comprehensive Neonatal Care: An Interdisciplinary Approach / Edition 4by Carole Kenner, Judy Wright Lott
Pub. Date: 03/09/2007
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Comprehensive Neonatal Care: An Interdisciplinary Approach provides a comprehensive physiologic and pathophysiologic approach to neonatal nursing management. Includes a complete physiologic and embryonic foundation for each neonatal system, as well as coverage of associated risk factors, genetics, critical periods of development, nutrition, and
Comprehensive Neonatal Care: An Interdisciplinary Approach provides a comprehensive physiologic and pathophysiologic approach to neonatal nursing management. Includes a complete physiologic and embryonic foundation for each neonatal system, as well as coverage of associated risk factors, genetics, critical periods of development, nutrition, and parenting.
• Detailed discussions of each organ system include assessment and management strategies, complications, and new technologies.
• A collaborative approach unites medical, surgical, and psychosocial care.
• Clinical decision-making rationales are supported with the latest research.
• Discusses appropriate diagnostic tests and interpretation in each chapter.
• Emphasizes the role of the family in the continuum of care.
• Evolve website includes case studies with exam questions, resource information on neonatal nursing standards, competency-based education, and tools for family-centered care. Also includes resources from the companion handbook and new 3-D animations.
• Prenatal and Postpartal Risk Factors chapter discusses health risks affecting fetuses and neonates.
• Resuscitation and Stabilization of the Infant chapter includes only the most current and relevant resuscitation concepts and practices.
• Genetic Influences on Newborn and Infant Health chapter covers the many roles genetics can play in neonatal health.
• Explores the latest issues and trends in developmental care.
• New advanced management content has been added throughout systems chapters.
• Includes additional algorithms.
• Addition of second color improves readability and enhances illustrations.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.78(w) x 11.24(h) x 1.30(d)
Table of Contents
Unit One: Systems Assessment and Management of Disorders
1. Respiratory System
2. Emerging Technology for Management of Respiratory Disorders
3. Cardiovascular System
4. Integumentary System
5. Gastrointestinal System
6. Metabolic System
7. Endocrine System
8. Genitourinary System
9. Immune System
10. Hematologic System
11. Musculoskeletal System
12. Neurologic System
13. Auditory System
14. Ophthalmic System
Unit Two: Special Considerations
15. Fluids, Electrolytes, Vitamins, and Trace Minerals
16. Neonatal and Infant Pharmacology
17. Pain in the Newborn and Infant
18. Fetal Therapy
19. Surgical Considerations in the Newborn and Infant
Unit Three: Vulnerable Populations
20. Newborn or Infant Transplant Patient
21. Substance-Exposed Newborn
22. Extremely Low Birth Weight (ELBW) Infant
Unit Four: Environmental Health and Family Centered Care
23. Neurobehavioral Development
24. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Environment
25. Family: Essential Partner in Care
Unit Five: Beyond the NICU
26. Palliative and End-of-Life Care
27. When A Baby Dies: Caring for Bereaved Families
28. Complementary and Integrative Therapies
29. Post-Discharge Care of the Newborn and Infant
Unit Six: New Challenges in Neonatal Care
30. Trends in Neonatal Care Delivery
31. Electronic Medical Records and Technology
32. Impact of Genetics on Neonatal Care
33. Neonatal Research and Evidence-Based Practice
34. Legal and Ethical Issues in Neonatal Nursing
35. Competency-Based Education in Nursing
Unit Seven: Prenatal, Intrapartal, and Newborn Care
36. Fetal Development: Environmental Influences and Critical Periods
37. Prenatal, Antenatal, and Post-Partal Risk Factors
38. Resuscitation and Stabilization of the Newborn and Infant
39. Assessment of the Newborn and Infant
Preconception and Pregnancy Risk Factors and Risk Reduction Strategies
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >