Comprehensive School Health Education: Totally Awesome Strategies for Teaching Health / Edition 3by Linda Brower Meeks, Philip Heit, Randy M. Page
Pub. Date: 08/01/2002
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Companies, The
The most widely used college health education text and teacher resource book, Comprehensive School Health Education provides everything needed to teach health in grades K-12. This text prepares teachers to design and implement a curriculum that integrates the 2007 National Health Education Standards (NHES), the six categories of risk behavior identified by the CDC, and the ten content areas of school health. Included are Totally Awesome Teaching Strategies™, reproducible Teaching Masters, and a Curriculum Guide, all keyed to the NHES at age-appropriate grade levels. With more than 120 teaching strategies to use as lesson plans, Comprehensive School Health Education offers teachers and future teachers a dynamic and empowering approach to teaching health skills and promoting lifelong healthy behaviors in their students.
Instructors and students can now access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect® is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following:
• SmartBook® - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content.
• Access to your instructor’s homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, notes, reminders, and other important files for the course.
• Progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement.
• The option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book. This binder-ready, loose-leaf version includes free shipping.
Complete system requirements to use Connect can be found here: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-students.html
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >