Computer Security and Privacy for Dummiesby Peter T. Davis
Finally! A friendly, accessable reference to giude you through the intimidating task of securing your computer. Whether you're a casual home user or an experienced office worker,/b>
Whether you need an effective firewall system, a security policy, or antivirus software, you'll find all the information you need about safeguarding your PC or Mac inside.
Finally! A friendly, accessable reference to giude you through the intimidating task of securing your computer. Whether you're a casual home user or an experienced office worker, Computer Security For Dummies® deciphers the arcane language of security and control and helps you make sense of personal security issues and solutions. The fun and easy-to-follow advice helps you understand the risks and take the necessary steps to protect yourself from loss. With this book at your side, you can protect your data, create effective passwords, and back up those sensitive files!
Inside, you'll discover how to:
- Understand the basic concepts and technobabble of computer secrecy
- Discover the top ten threats to your personal computer and how to avoid them
- Find out why it's so important to pick a proper password
- Uncover why and how often sensitive data should be backed up
- Use an online service securely
- Recover lost word processor, spreadsheet, and database passwords quickly
- Find the ten useful DOS, Windows, and Mac security utilities
- Create firewalls to protect your PC or Mac from Internet attacks
- Find out where to get more information about PC and Mac security software and its sources
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews