Computers In Your Future, Brief Edition / Edition 5by Bryan Pfaffenberger
Pub. Date: 03/28/2002
Publisher: Pearson Education
The brief edition of this introduction to computers is noted for its lucid explanations of computing concepts, practical applications of technology theory, and emphasis on the historical and societal impacts of technological innovations. It features integrated coverage of management information systems, networking, email, and the Internet. Topics which are covered include Becoming Fluid with Computers and the Internet, Storing Data: Electronic Filing Cabinets, Application Software: Essentials for Knowledge Workers, Understanding the Internet, and The World Wide Web and Electronic Commerce. For people in the computer technology field.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.52(w) x 10.82(h) x 0.51(d)
Table of Contents
Spotlight: History of Computers and the Internet. (Website only)
2. Inside the System Unit.
3. Storing Data: Electronic Filing Cabinets.
4. Input and Output: Data In, Information Out.
Spotlight: Buying and Upgrading Your Computer System.
5. System Software: Keeping the Computer Running Smoothly.
6. Application Software: Essentials for Knowledge Workers.
Spotlight: Multimedia and Virtual Reality.
7. Understanding the Internet.
Spotlight: Using Email.
8. The World Wide Web and Electronic Commerce.
Spotlight: Creating a Web Page.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews