- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
Known for its focus on teaching core concepts and problem-solving, this best-selling text has been extensively revised with up-to-date topic coverage as well as enhanced problem solving guidance.
1. Introduction to Genetics
2. Mitosis and Meiosis
3. Mendelian Genetics
4. Extensions of Mendelian Ratios
5. Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes
6. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
7. Sex Determination and Sex Chromosomes
8. Chromosome Mutations: Variation in Number and Arrangement
9. Extranuclear Inheritance
10. DNA Structure and Analysis
11. DNA Replication and Recombination
12. DNA Organization in Chromosomes
13. The Genetic Code and Transcription
14. Translation and Proteins
15. Gene Mutation and DNA Repair, and Transposition
16. Regulation of Gene Expression in Prokaryotes
17. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
18. Developmental Genetics
19. Cancer and Regulation of the Cell Cycle
Special Topics in Modern Genetics, DNA Forensics
Special Topics in Modern Genetics, Genomics and Personalized Medicine
Special Topics in Modern Genetics, Epigenetics
Special Topics in Modern Genetics, Stem Cells
20. Recombinant DNA Technology and Gene Cloning
21. Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Proteomics
22. Applications and Ethics of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
23. Quantitative Genetics and Multifactorial Traits
24. Genetics and Behavior
25. Population and Evolutionary Genetics
26. Conservation Genetics
Appendix A Glossary
Appendix B Answers to Selected Problems
Appendix C Selected Readings