Conceptual Foundations: The Bridge to Professional Nursing Practice / Edition 3by Joan L. Creasia, Barbara Parker
Pub. Date: 04/10/2001
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Conceptual Foundations: The Bridge to Professional Nursing Practice, 5th Edition provides the background you need to succeed in your role as a professional nurse. It discusses the concepts that define the nursing profession, covering everything from the history of nursing to current challenges in the profession. Expert educators Joan L. Creasia, PhD, RN,/b>… See more details below
Conceptual Foundations: The Bridge to Professional Nursing Practice, 5th Edition provides the background you need to succeed in your role as a professional nurse. It discusses the concepts that define the nursing profession, covering everything from the history of nursing to current challenges in the profession. Expert educators Joan L. Creasia, PhD, RN, and Elizabeth E. Friberg, MSN, RN, bring together the best minds of nursing for an in-depth look at the profession's major theories, practices, and principles.
- Vignettes, each written by a practicing nurse, open each chapterwith a specific scenario and application of professional behaviors.
- Critical Thinking Exercises at the end of each chapter help you to use and apply what you've learned.
- Objectives at the beginning of each chapter provide a framework for study.
- Key points at the end of each chapter help you focus on important information.
- New Patient Safety chapter preparesyou for expanded nursing responsibility for patient safety, adherence to regulatory requirements of the Joint Commission, and the implementation of best practices to create health care that is safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered.
- New Genetics and Genomics inProfessional Nursing chapter defines the nurse's role in family history assessment and genetic testing, explains how genetic testing is used in clinical practice, and identifies ethical issues related to this emerging practice.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.60(w) x 9.22(h) x 0.79(d)
Table of Contents
Part I: The Context of Professional Nursing Practice 1. Historical Development of Professional Nursing in the United States 2. Pathways of Nursing Education 3. Socialization to Professional Nursing 4. Professional Nursing Roles 5. Theories and Frameworks for Professional Nursing Practice 6. Health Policy and Planning and the Nursing Practice Environment 7. Economic Issues in Nursing and Healthcare Part II: Dimensions of Professional Nursing Practice 8. Communication Skills and Techniques 9. Critical Thinking, Clinical Judgment, and the Nursing Process 10. Challenges in Teaching and Learning 11. Legal Aspects of Nursing Practice 12. Ethical Dimensions of Nursing and Health Care 13. Health Care Informatics Part III: Themes in Professional Nursing Practice 14. Diversity in Health and Illness 15. Health and Health Promotion 16. Genetics and Genomics in Professional Nursing 17. Rural Health Concepts 18. Intimate Partner Violence as a Health Care Problem 19. Vulnerable Populations 20. Patient Safety
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >