- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Conceptual Physical Science, 4/e takes learning physical science to a new level by combining Hewitt's leading conceptual approach with a friendly writing style, stronger integration of the sciences, more quantitative coverage, and a wealth of media resources to help readers. This engaging book provides a conceptual overview of basic, essential topics in physics, chemistry, earth science, and astronomy with optional quantitative analyses. Equilibrium and Linear Motion, Newton's Laws of Motion, Momentum and Energy,Gravity, Projectiles, and Satellites, Projectile and Satellite Motion,Temperature, Heat, and Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer and Change of Phase, Electrostatics and Electric Current, Magnetism and Electromagnetic Induction, Waves and Sound, Light, Atoms and the Periodic Table, The Atomic Nucleus, Elements of Chemistry, How Atoms Bond and Molecules Attract, Mixtures, How Chemicals React ,Two Types of Chemical Reactions, Organic Compounds, Rocks and Minerals, Geologic Time–Reading the Rock Record, Plate Tectonics and Earth’s Interior, Shaping Earth’s Surface, The Oceans, Atmosphere, and Climatic Effects, Driving Forces of Weather, The Solar System, The Stars, Cosmology. For all readers interested in learning the basics of Physical Science.
Prologue: About Science.
Part 1: Physics
1. Equilibrium and Linear Motion
2. Newton's Laws of Motion.
3. Momentum and Energy.
4. Gravity, Projectiles, and Satellites
5. Projectile and Satellite Motion.
6. Temperature, Heat, and Thermodynamics
7. Heat Transfer and Change of Phase
8. Electrostatics and Electric Current
9. Magnetism and Electromagnetic Induction
10. Waves and Sound
Part 2: Chemistry
12. Atoms and the Periodic Table
13. The Atomic Nucleus
14. Elements of Chemistry
15. How Atoms Bond and Molecules Attract
17. How Chemicals React
18. Two Types of Chemical Reactions
19. Organic Compounds
Part 3: Earth Science
20. Rocks and Minerals
21. Geologic Time–Reading the Rock Record
22. Plate Tectonics and Earth’s Interior
23. Shaping Earth’s Surface
24. The Oceans, Atmosphere, and Climatic Effects
25. Driving Forces of Weather
Part 4: Astronomy
26. The Solar System
27. The Stars