The Concise Encyclopedia of Materials Processingby John Martin
Pub. Date: 12/02/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Science
The Concise Encyclopedia of Materials Processing is a definitive anthology drawn from the Encyclopedia of Materials Science and Technology (EMSAT). The current volume provides information on how materials are transformed from their raw state into useful end products. The text covers articles about casting techniques, deformation processing, crystal growth, heat
The Concise Encyclopedia of Materials Processing is a definitive anthology drawn from the Encyclopedia of Materials Science and Technology (EMSAT). The current volume provides information on how materials are transformed from their raw state into useful end products. The text covers articles about casting techniques, deformation processing, crystal growth, heat treatment, machinery and joining procedures, and production and consolidation of powders.
The articles in the present volume are arranged in alphabetical order and present the following features:
• Quality information about the principles of materials processing
• Physico-chemical and mechanical description of materials such as metals, alloys, ceramics and polymers
• Up-to-date information on the processing of a range of materials of engineering importance
• Bridges the divide between engineering academia and professionals
The book provides information about materials processing to engineering and materials science professionals, students, and beginners.
- A concisepoint of reference for quality information on materials processing
- Bridges the dividebetweenacademia and professionals
- Exceptional content for a fraction of the price of Encyclopedia of Materials: Science and Technology
- Elsevier Science
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.10(w) x 9.90(h) x 1.70(d)
Table of Contents
Sheet forming: blanking, piercing, pressing, deep drawing, spinning and flow turning, stretch forming, fluid and rubber forming, high-rate forming processes, welding, etc. Bulk forming: hot, warm and cold forging, rolling and extrusion, rotary forging, ring rolling, hydrostatic extrusion, conforming, net-shape manufacturing, etc. Powder forming: compaction, sintering, forging, extrusion, etc. Forming in the melt or near-melt condition: die casting, mushy-state forging, net-shape manufacturing, etc. Material-removal processes: cutting, grinding, ECM, EDM, etc. Non-traditional processes: shot peening and other impact-related processes, die-manufacturing processes, and laser processing, etc. Surface engineering: deposition, treatment and characterization technologies.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >