Conformity and Conflict: Readings to Accompany Miller, Cultural Anthropology / Edition 4by James A. Spradley, David W. McCurdy
Pub. Date: 07/20/2007
The best-selling Conformity and Conflict reader has been the ideal complement to standard anthropology texts for decades. This special edition offers 16 articles, hand-picked by Barbara Miller to complement her text, Cultural Anthropology, Fourth Edition.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.90(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.70(d)
Table of Contents
1. John T. Omohundro. Anthro Shock (for Miller, Ch 1 Anthropology and the Study of Culture).
2. Richard Borshay Lee, Eating Christmas in the Kalahari (for Miller, Ch 2 Methods in Cultural Anthropology).
3. Philippe Bourgois, Office Work and the Crack Alternative (for Miller, Ch 3 Economies and Their Modes of Production).
4. Denise Brennan, Men’s Pleasure, Women’s Labor: Tourism for Sex (for Miller, Ch 4 Consumption and Exchange).
5. Nancy Scheper-Hughes, Mother's Love: Death Without Weeping (for Miller, Ch 5 Birth and Death).
6. Meredith F. Small, A Woman’s Curse? (for Miller, Ch 6 Personality and Identity over the Life Cycle).
7. Sonia Patten, Medical Anthropology: Improving Nutrition in Malawi (for Miller, Ch 7 Disease, Illness, and Healing).
8. Clifford Geertz, Life Without Fathers Of Husbands (for Miller, Ch 8 Kinship and Domestic Life)
9. Jeffrey M. Fish, Mixed Blood (for Miller, Ch 9 Social Groups and Social Stratification)
10. Marvin Harris, Life Without Chiefs. (for Miller, Ch 10 Politics and Leadership)
11. Barbara Joans, Notes From an Expert Witness (for Miller, Ch 11 Social Order and Social Conflict)
12. David S. Thomson, The Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis: Worlds Shaped by Words (for Miller, Ch 12 Communication)
13. George Gmelch, Baseball Magic (for Miller, Ch 13 Religion)
14. Ian Condry, Japanese Hip-Hop and the Globalization Of Popular Culture (for Miller, Ch 14 Expressive Culture)
15. Dianna Shandy, New Americans: The Road to Refugee Resettlement (for Miller, Ch 15 People on the Move)
16. Richard K. Reed, Forest Development the Indian Way (for Miller, Ch 16 People Defining Development)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >