Confusing Love with Obsession: When You Can't Stop Controlling Your Partner and the Relationshipby Moore, John D. Moore, John D.
Why do so many women and men obsessively attach themselves to destructive relationships-relationships that they cannot walk away from? Why do they pathologically need to control their partners, using whatever means necessary? John Moore helps these people to identify, comprehend and become aware of their destructive behaviors in personal relationships so they can stop the viscous cycle of pain.
PEOPLE WHO CONFUSE LOVE WITH OBSESSION:
- Instantly attach themselves to another person, regardless of compatibility.
- Cannot function unless they are in a relationship.
- Attempt to "fix" an abusive partner's behavior by walking on eggshells.
- Abandon their friends and family because they are obsessed with their relationship.
- Try to control their partners through emotions, money, sex, and even food.
- Stalk, harass and abuse their partners in an effort to exert control.
Through a series of riveting personal discussions and case presentations, John Moore sheds light on a problem that is widely unknown and often misunderstood. People Who Confuse Love with Obsession can discover healthy, loving relationships with others but only when they learn to have a relationship with themselves.
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.06(h) x 0.59(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews