Conquering Stroke: How I Fought My Way Back and How You Can Tooby Valerie Greene
It's the third-leading cause of death and the leading cause of adult disability in America. Yet if you ask most people to tell you the symptoms of stroke, identify its early warning signs, or describe steps to take to prevent, treat, or recover from stroke, you will likely be greeted with a blank stare. this is particularly disturbing because the key factor for… See more details below
It's the third-leading cause of death and the leading cause of adult disability in America. Yet if you ask most people to tell you the symptoms of stroke, identify its early warning signs, or describe steps to take to prevent, treat, or recover from stroke, you will likely be greeted with a blank stare. this is particularly disturbing because the key factor for success in all three areas is patient awareness awareness and participation.
In Conquering Stroke, Valerie Greene, a stroke survivor whose recovery surpassed even the most optimistic expectations, uses her own dramatic, inspiring, and eye-opening story to illustrate and deliver the important practical information you need to prevent, recognize, minimize, and recover from stroke.
At age thirty-one, Valerie Greene was a successful, dynamic businesswoman when a stroke paralyzed the entire left side of her body, robbing her of speech and most of her hearing. Doctors predicted that she would never walk or talk again. Now, through a combination of cutting-edge medical treatments and sheer determination, she has achieved a 90 percent recovery and uses her newly regained abilities to inspire stroke survivors and act as an advocate for potential stroke victims.
Beyond her own inspiring narrative, Valerie helps you avoid or recover from stroke with critical information that can literally make the difference between life and death or between recovery and chronic, profound disability.
- How to determine and minimize your risk of stroke
- Warning signs that can appear up to six months before a stroke
- Critical information on the three-hour window diagnosis and the importance of early treatment
- A comprehensive guide to hospitals with stroke centers and hyperbaric oxygen treatment centers
- Indispensable advice from the top medical experts in the field
- What to do once the crisis is over and recovery begins
- How stem cells can help you recover from a stroke
- Vital support and helpful guidance for caregivers and family members
With a foreword by James F. Toole, M.D., President of the International Stroke Society, Conquering Stroke is a valuable source of knowledge, inspiration, and guidance for stroke victims, family members, and everyone who wants to determine and minimize stroke risk.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.40(w) x 9.40(h) x 1.10(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >