Conroversies in Science and Technology: From Maize to Menopause (Science and Technology in Society Series)by Daniel Lee Kleinman
Pub. Date: 12/15/2004
Publisher: University of Wisconsin Press
* Antibiotics and Resistance: the science, the policy debates, and perspectives from a microbiologist, a veterinarian,
Written for general readers, teachers, journalists, and policymakers, this volume explores four controversial topics in science and technology, with commentaries from experts in such fields as sociology, religion, law, ethics, and politics:
* Antibiotics and Resistance: the science, the policy debates, and perspectives from a microbiologist, a veterinarian, and an M.D.
* Genetically Modified Maize and Gene Flow: the science of genetic modification, protecting genetic diversity, agricultural biotech vesus the environment, corporate patents versus farmers' rights
* Hormone Replacement Theory and Menopause: overview of the Women's Health Initiative, history of hormone replacement therapy, the medicalization of menopause, hormone replacement therapy and clinical trials
* Smallpox: historical and medical overview of smallpox, government policies for public health, the Emergency Health Powers Act, public resistance vs. cooperation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >