- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This important new text outlines the evolution and main themes of constitutional debate in the EU; the role of key institutions, notably the Intergovernmental Conferences and the European Court of Justice and the impact of the Convention method and of the constitutional text emerging from it.
• Conceptualising Constitutional Politics and Treaty Reform in the EU
• The Evolution of the Constitutional Debate in the EU
• Of Rights and Parties: Europe's 'Constitutional Dimension'
• The Actors: Supranational Entrepreneurship and National Preferences
• The Structure of Negotiation: The Institutional, Ideational and Legal Context
• Beyond the 'Summit Bargain': The Process of Constitutional Politics
• The IGC Process: Issue Framing and Agenda Setting
• Intergovernmental Conferences: Multilevel Negotiation
• After IGCs: Ratifying and Implementing Treaty Change
• The Convention and IGC 2004: The Beginning of the End of Constitutional Politics?
• Analysing the 'European Constitution'