Construction Dewatering and Groundwater Control: New Methods and Applications / Edition 3by J. Patrick Powers, Arthur B. Corwin, Paul C. Schmall, Walter E. Kaeck, Arthur B. Corwin
Pub. Date: 04/27/2007
In the past dozen years, the methods of analyzing and treating groundwater conditions have vastly improved. The Third Edition of Construction Dewatering and Groundwater Control, reflecting the most current technology and practices, is a timely and much-needed overview of this/i>/i>
The most up-to-date guide to construction dewatering and groundwater control
In the past dozen years, the methods of analyzing and treating groundwater conditions have vastly improved. The Third Edition of Construction Dewatering and Groundwater Control, reflecting the most current technology and practices, is a timely and much-needed overview of this rapidly changing field.
Illustrated with hundreds of new figures and photographs and including numerous detailed case histories, the Third Edition of Construction Dewatering and Groundwater Control is a comprehensive and valuable reference for both students and practicing engineers alike.
Drawing on real-world experience, the authors lead the reader through all facets of the theory and practice of this fascinating and often complex engineering discipline. Discussion includes:
- Dozens of case histories demonstrating various groundwater control practices and lessons learned in groundwater control and work performed
- Detailed methods of controlling groundwater by use of conventional dewatering methods as well as vertical barrier, grouted cutoff, and frozen ground techniques
- Contracting practices and conflict resolution methods that will help minimize disputes
- Alternatives and effective practices for handling and treating contaminated groundwater
- Innovations in equipment and materials that improve the performance and efficiency of groundwater control systems
- Practices and procedures for success in artificial recharge
- Groundwater modeling to simulate and plan dewatering projects
- Inclusion of dual U.S. customary and metric units throughout
Construction Dewatering and Groundwater Control is an indispensable tool for all engineering and construction professionals searching for the most up-to-date coverage of groundwater control for various purposes, the modern ways to identify and analyze site-specific situations, and the modern tools available to control them.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.27(w) x 11.30(h) x 1.44(d)
Table of Contents
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews