Construction Funding: The Process of Real Estate Development, Appraisal, and Finance / Edition 3by Nathan S. Collier, Courtland A. Collier, Don A. Halperin
This work provides professionals and students in construction and real estate with critical tools needed for developing any successful real estate venture. Using a case example of a 260-unit apartment development, the book walks through each project phase, offering guidance on raising capital, selecting markets, rating sites, securing insurance, creating joint… See more details below
This work provides professionals and students in construction and real estate with critical tools needed for developing any successful real estate venture. Using a case example of a 260-unit apartment development, the book walks through each project phase, offering guidance on raising capital, selecting markets, rating sites, securing insurance, creating joint ventures, understanding loan options, and mastering cash flow management. Background material is provided on various types of business organizations in real estate, and there is material on the mathematical and technical tools of construction, with chapters on forecasting cash flow needs and funding problems. Collier is founder and owner of a property management and development firm. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.02(w) x 9.40(h) x 0.79(d)
Table of Contents
1. Characteristics of Real Estate.
2. Different Types of Business Organizations.
II. THE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS START TO FINISH.
4. The Development Process: An Overview.
5. Market Studies, Site Feasibility Analysis, and Selection.
6. Creating the Project Pro Forma.
7. The Appraisal.
8. Sources of Financing, the Loan Application Process, and Term Sheets.
9. The Commitment.
10. Closing the Loan: The Note, Mortgage, Construction Loan Agreement, and Unconditional Guaranty.
III. CASH FORECASTS AND THE TIME VALUE OF MONEY.
11. How to Forecast Cash Needs During Construction.
12. Basic How-to-Do-it Time Value of Money Calculations.
Appendix A: Exhibit A-1. Real Estate Promissory Note.
Exhibit A-2. Mortgage and Security Agreement.
Exhibit A-3. Construction Loan Agreement.
Exhibit A-4. Real Estate Unconditional Guaranty.
Appendix B: Exhibit B-1. The Gainesville Sun.
Exhibit B-2. Apartment complex put on hold.
Exhibit B-3. Hidden Lake gets approval.
Appendix C: Interest Tables.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >