Ships same day or next business day via UPS (Priority Mail for AK/HI/APO/PO Boxes)! Used sticker and some writing and/or highlighting. Used books may not include working access ...code or dust jacket.Read moreShow Less
2010 Paperback Good Connecting readers with great books since 1972. Used books may not include companion materials, some shelf wear, may contain highlighting/notes, may not ...include cd-om or access codes. Customer service is our top priority!Read moreShow Less
Launch your career in construction management with this one-of-a- kind book The construction management industry is expected to increase employment by 16 percent over the next decade. This second edition of a bestselling introduction to construction management walks you through each stage of the construction management process. Written from the constructor's perspective, this book will familiarize you with all the construction management fundamentals and how Building Information Modeling (BIM) is impacting the construction management profession.
• Covers interoperability of technology advances in the construction industry
• Explains how BIM is challenging the traditional approach to project delivery and how this affects the constructor's role
• Elaborates each stage of the design and construction process and the tasks associated with each of them
• Shows step-by-step how to estimate project costs, administer contracts, manage job site and construction operations, plan and schedule a project, monitor project performance, manage project quality and safety, and assess project risks
• Provides review questions at the end of each chapter to help enforce understanding The tried-and-true project management principles presented in this book will help ensure you a successful start to your career.
Barbara J. Jackson is Director of the California Center for Construction Education and a Professor of Construction Management at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo. She holds a BS in Housing and Design, an MS in Construction Management, and a PhD in Education and Human Resources. With over 20 years of experience as a licensed contractor and design-builder, she is a nationally recognized speaker and consultant on alternative project delivery.