Construction Quality Management: Principles and Practiceby Paul Watson, Tim Howarth
Pub. Date: 06/07/2011
Publisher: Taylor & Francis
Quality management is essential for facilitating the competitiveness of modern day commercial organizations. Excellence in quality management is a requisite for construction organizations who seek to remain competitive and successful. The challenges presented by competitive construction markets and large projects that are dynamic and complex necessitate the… See more details below
Quality management is essential for facilitating the competitiveness of modern day commercial organizations. Excellence in quality management is a requisite for construction organizations who seek to remain competitive and successful. The challenges presented by competitive construction markets and large projects that are dynamic and complex necessitate the adoption and application of quality management approaches.
This textbook is written in line with the ISO 9001:2008 standard and provides a comprehensive evaluation of quality management systems and tools. Their effectiveness in achieving project objectives is explored, as well as applications in corporate performance enhancement. Both the strategic and operational dimensions of quality assurance are addressed by focusing on providing models of best practice.
The reader is supported throughout by concise and clear explanations and with self-assessment questions. Practical case study examples show how various evaluative-based quality management systems and tools have been applied. Subjects covered include:
- business objectives – the stakeholder satisfaction methodology
- organizational culture and Health and Safety
- quality philosophy
- evaluation of organisational performance
- continuous quality improvement and development of a learning organization.
The text should prove most useful to students on both undergraduate and postgraduate construction management or construction project management courses. It will also prove a valuable resource for practising construction managers and project managers.
- Taylor & Francis
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
1. An Overview of the Key Theorists and Quality Philosophy 2. Measuring Project and Corporate Performance 3. BS EN ISO 9001: 2008 4. Total Quality Management and the European Foundation for the Quality Management Excellence Model 5. Quality and Environmental Management Systems 6. Developing a Learning Organisational Culture 7. Quality Management for Health and Safety on Construction Projects
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >