Consultation: A Universal Lamp of Guidanceby John E. Kolstoe
In contrast with the debating methods of even the most enlightened of present-day systems, the Bahá'í principle of consultation fosters co-operation and an atmosphere of freedom in which the best ideas can emerge. It is, Bahá'ís believe, an evolutionary step in human affairs and the bedrock of that new world order which it is the aim of the Bahá'í Faith to bring about.
This book is about the Bahá'í method of decision-making -- consultation. With the support of quotations from the Bahá'í Sacred Writings, the author examines questions such as
* what consultation is
* how to consult
* how consultation can be used . . .
. . . by Spiritual Assemblies
. . . in families
. . . in Nineteen Day Feasts
. . . in Summer Schools and Conventions
. . . in social life
. . . in business and professional affairs
. . . between individuals
. . . to solve personal problems
* why people see things differently, and how consultation can turn these differences into strengths
* how to cope with difficulties in consultation
* the role of consultation in the development of the Bahá'í community and the emergence of the World Order of Bahá'u'lláh.
- George Ronald Publisher
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.44(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews