- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Alan Aldridge analyses the relationship between the rise of consumerism and the transformation of the world of work. The author shows how for many, fulfilment is no longer sought from work but from consumption. He examines whether the consumer society has delivered on its many promises.
1. Consumption as a Key Concept.
2. Production and Consumption.
3. Consumer Society: Utopia or Dystopia?.
4. Living in Consumer Society.
5. McDonaldization and Disneyization.
6. Consumer Activism.