- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
A part of every business is change; now more than ever, business moves at a pace that is unparalleled. Just like the ever-changing business world, so are there changes in the process of writing a textbook. Containing the most important introductory business topics, this paperback text includes the most current information available and the best supplementary package in the business. You'll find that this new updated edition of CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS 2009 gets your students excited about the world of business and helps them improve their critical-thinking skills.
Opening new doors of possibility can be difficult. CONTEMPORARY BUSINESS 2009 gives students the business language they need to feel confident in taking the first steps toward becoming successful business majors and successful businesspeople.
Part I: BUSINESS IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY.
1. The Framework of Contemporary Business.
2. Business Ethics and Social Responsibility.
3. Economic Challenges Facing Global and Domestic Business.
4. Competing in Global Markets.
Appendix: The Legal Environment for Business.
Part II: STARTING AND GROWING YOUR BUSINESS.
5. Options for Organizing Small and Large Businesses.
6. Starting Your Own Business: The Entrepreneurship Alternative.
7. Electronic Business: Doing Business Online.
Part III: MANAGEMENT: EMPOWERING PEOPLE TO ACHIEVE BUSINESS OBJECTIVES.
8. Management, Leadership, and the Internal Organization.
9. Human Resource Management, Motivation, and Labor-Management Relations.
10. Improving Performance through Empowerment, Teamwork, and Communication.
11. Production and Operations Management.
Part IV: MARKETING MANAGEMENT.
12. Customer-Driven Marketing.
13. Product and Distribution Strategies.
14. Promotion and Pricing Strategies.
Part V: MANAGING TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION.
15. Using Technology to Manage Information.
16. Understanding Accounting and Financial Statements.
Part VI: MANAGING FINANCIAL RESOURCES.
17. Financial Management and Institutions.
18. Financing and Investing through Securities Markets.
Appendix A: Risk Management and Insurance.
Appendix B: Personal Financial Planning.
Appendix C: Developing a Business Plan.