Carol Feller is a widely published independent knitwear designer. Her work can be seen in the books Knitting in the Sun and More Knitting in the Sun (both from Wiley), as well as in the print magazines Interweave Knits and Yarn Forward and the online knitting magazines Twist Collective and Knitty.
Contemporary Irish Knitsby Carol Feller
Knitters are looking for innovative patterns, and for opportunities to enhance their skills and broaden their range of knitterly knowledge. Contemporary Irish Knits was created with these desires in mind. An informative yet fun read, Contemporary Irish Knits features beautiful photography, an elegant design and 20 enjoyable-to-knit one-of-a-kind patterns. Blending
Knitters are looking for innovative patterns, and for opportunities to enhance their skills and broaden their range of knitterly knowledge. Contemporary Irish Knits was created with these desires in mind. An informative yet fun read, Contemporary Irish Knits features beautiful photography, an elegant design and 20 enjoyable-to-knit one-of-a-kind patterns. Blending the best of the old and the new, Contemporary Irish Knits features designs using traditional stitch and cable patterns - with which the knitting community has long been fascinated - implemented in new ways to create the more fitted and flattering shapes that modern day knitters prefer. Between the covers readers will find:
• A wide range of designs, including women's, children's, and men's wardrobe pieces as well as accessories like bags, blankets, and shawls.
• Innovative construction methods, to enhance the knitting experience and to make for a more intuitively put together knitted item.
• On-location photography in Ireland, combining simple and natural styling with rural and rugged landscapes to capture the feeling of the native mills and provide a wild and mysterious background for the modeled garments.
• Profiles of Irish mills and hand dyers, reviews of Irish yarns and information on sourcing Irish textiles. Contemporary Irish Knits is a pattern book that knitters old and young will want to knit from, a showcase for the remaining Irish yarn mills and emerging generation of hand dyers, and a celebration of the Irish countryside and Ireland's living knitting tradition.
- Turner Publishing Company
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- First Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.40(d)
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
This book has a nice mix of projects for both the big people and the little people for whom you knit. I espeically love the beautiful sweater on the cover. Another project I love is a fantastic cabled hoodie for the man in your life (or maybe to borrow back once it's knit!) There are several terrific patterns for the kids including the cabled heart shrug that I'm starting with. In case you don't want to commit to a sweater, some smaller projects are also included such as fingerless mitts, hats, shawl etc. Again, great attention to the pattern details show the yarn at its best. The directions are clear and concise. The photography is beautiful and I loved reading the history of the mills and producers of yarn in Ireland. You'll want to go there, but if you can't, this book will be a treat anyway! Love it.
Great book for anyone who loves Irish knits! Carol Feller not only produced beautiful designs, but gives a tour of three independent woolen mills in Ireland. She also introduces the reader to two yarn dyers and provides patterns for their products. This is definitely more than just a "how-to" book. It is sure to please anyone who loves knitting with natural fibers, Aran designs, and Ireland! Happy knitting!
Wonderful ideas that combine the traditional with new designs. Very inspiring new ideas and approaches. Can't wait to knit from this book.