- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This is an essential book for the shorter courses in maternity nursing, e.g., 4-8 weeks long or as a refresher for professionals.
Features in this book include: Women's Health and Reproductive Issues; Conception and Development; Pregnancy—Normal and High Risk; Labor—Normal and High Risk; Birth—Normal and High Risk; Postpartum Care—Normal and High Risk; Newborn Care—Normal and High Risk.
Nursing students and professionals.
I. INTRODUCTORY CONCEPTS.
1. Contemporary Maternal-Newborn Care.
2. Culture and the Childbearing Family.
3. Reproductive Anatomy and Physiology.
4. Conception and Fetal Development.
II. WOMEN: THE REPRODUCTIVE YEARS.
5. Health Promotion for Women.
6. Common Gynecologic Problems.
7. Families with Special Reproductive Concerns.
8. Preparation for Parenthood.
III. PREGNANCY AND THE FAMILY.
9. Physical and Psychologic Changes of Pregnancy.
10. Antepartal Nursing Assessment.
11. The Expectant Family: Needs and Care.
12. Adolescent Pregnancy.
13. Maternal Nutrition.
14. Pregnancy at Risk: Pregestational Problems.
15. Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Onset.
16. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being.
IV. BIRTH AND THE FAMILY.
17. Processes and Stages of Labor and Birth.
18. Intrapartal Nursing Assessment.
19. The Family in Childbirth: Needs and Care.
20. Pain Management During Labor and Birth.
21. Childbirth at Risk.
22. Birth-Related Procedures.
V. THE NEWBORN.
23. Physiologic Responses of the Newborn to Birth.
24. Nursing Assessment of the Newborn.
25. The Normal Newborn: N and C in the Birth Setting.
26. Newborn Nutrition.
27. The Newborn at Risk: Conditions Present at Birth.
28. The Newborn at Risk: Birth-Related Stressors.
29. Postpartal Adaptation and Nursing Assessment.
30. Postpartal Family: Needs and Care.
31. Home Care of the Postpartal Family.
32. Postpartal Family at Risk.