Contemporary Mathematics for Business and Consumers / Edition 2by Robert A. Brechner
Pub. Date: 02/01/2000
Publisher: Harcourt College Publishers
CONTEMPORARY MATHEMATICS FOR BUSINESS AND CONSUMERS is a 21-chapter educational adventure into today?s business world and its associated mathematical procedures. The book is designed to provide solid mathematical preparation and foundation for students going on to business courses and careers. It begins with a business-oriented review of the basic operations, including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Once students have mastered these operations, they are introduced to the concept of basic equations and how they are used to solve business problems. From that point, each chapter presents a business math topic that utilizes the student?s knowledge of these basic operations and equations. In keeping with the philosophy of ?practice makes perfect,? the text contains over 2,000 realistic business math exercises--many with multiple steps and answers designed to prepare students to use math to make business decisions and develop critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. Many of the exercises in each chapter are written in a ?you are the manager? format, to enhance student involvement. The exercises cover a full range of difficulty levels, from those designed for beginners to those requiring moderate to challenge-level skills.
- Harcourt College Publishers
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.05(w) x 11.93(h) x 0.75(d)
Table of Contents1. Whole Numbers.
4. Checking Accounts.
5. Using Equations to Solve Business Problems.
6. Percents and their Applications in Business.
7. Invoices, Trade and Cash Discounts.
8. Markup and Markdown.
10. Simple Interest and Promissory Notes.
11. Compound Interest and Present Value.
13. Consumer and Business Credit.
15. Financial Statements and Ratios.
21. Business Statistics and Data Presentation. *The Brief Edition contains chapters 1-14.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >