- Book News, Inc.
Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Managementby Barbara Cherry, Susan R. Jacob
Thoroughly prepare for the rapidly evolving world of nursing with Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 7thEdition. Expert authors Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob combine their own expertise from both academics and practice as they cover the relevant issues affecting today’s nurses. In 28 chapters, including a new chapter on/b>/sup>… See more details below
Thoroughly prepare for the rapidly evolving world of nursing with Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 7thEdition. Expert authors Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob combine their own expertise from both academics and practice as they cover the relevant issues affecting today’s nurses. In 28 chapters, including a new chapter on palliative care, this comprehensive new edition takes readers through the evolution of nursing, the role of the nurse today, safe and effective decision-making, collaboration and communication, leadership, job opportunities, and a number of timely issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice today.
• Full-color designenhances the narrativewithaclear, visually appealing explanation of concepts.
• Humorous cartoonsopen each chapter to illustratethechapter themes.
• Vignettesat the beginning of each chapter personalize nursinghistory and practice and help readers understand their place in the profession.Questions to ConsiderWhile Reading This Chapterfollow the vignettes and preparethe reader for the topic to be discussed.
• Key terms, learning outcomes, chapter overviews, and chapter summarieshelp readers focus their learning experience.
• Unit on Leadership and Management in Nursingincludes content to prepare nurses to effectively function in the management roles expected of the professional nurse.
• Unit on Career Managementprovides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN Examination.
• Case studieshelp readers apply theory to clinical practice.
• NEW! Chapter on palliative care focuses on how to best provide patients with relief from the symptoms and stress of a serious illness, and how to improve the quality of life for both the patient and family.
• NEW! Combined chapter on quality improvement and QSEN keeps readers up to date on the latest competencies from the Institute of Medicine.
• NEW! Professional/Ethical Issue boxes provide a short scenario about an ethical issue related to the chapter content.
• NEW! Updated coverage reflects the latest NCLEX test plan.
• NEW! Incorporation of Triple Aim in healthcare discusses ways to improve the health of the population, enhance the experience and outcomes of the patient, and reduce per capita cost of care for the benefit of communities.
• NEW! Expanded coverage of working in an interdisciplinary team reflects the changing healthcare landscape and need to work in collaboration with a variety of healthcare specialists.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.20(h) x 0.70(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Very thorough in detailing Nursing Issues since Nursing become a Profession. Good Resource for all levels of Nursing.
Overall this is a very good book however, it is very similar to the Nursing Research book I used last semester.