Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Find out why millions of customers rave about Better World Books. Experience the best customer care and a 100% satisfaction ...guarantee.Read moreShow Less
Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Find out why millions of customers rave about Better World Books. Experience the best customer care and a 100% ...satisfaction guarantee.Read moreShow Less
Book shows minor use. Cover and Binding have minimal wear and the pages have only minimal creases. A tradition of southern quality and service. All books guaranteed at the Atlanta ...Book Company. Our mailers are 100% recyclable. Read moreShow Less
Popular for its comprehensive but concise overview of the issues facing nurses today, this text is designed to help you prepare for the dynamic world of modern health care. This edition is fully revised and updated, giving you the most practical, balanced preparation for the issues, trends, and management topics you'll encounter in practice.
• Chapter features identify the most important concepts in each chapter and help you study more efficiently.
• Website references in every chapter direct you to online resources for additional learning.
• Critical Thinking Questions challenge your understanding and help you perfect your analytical skills.
• A NEW chapter on Budgeting Basics for Nurses prepares you for participation in the budgeting process, an increasingly common responsibility for nurses in the clinical setting.
• An expanded Workplace Advocacy chapter familiarizes you with the benefits and challenges of collective bargaining.
• New content helps you clearly identify compassion fatigue and presents strategies for prevention.
• Expanded coverage of nursing educational programs identifies new opportunities available to you for career growth and development.
• An updated chapter on the NCLEX-RN® examination incorporates the 2007 NCLEX test plans to help you master the exam and become licensed.
• Increased emphasis on the uninsured population highlights changes to the U.S. healthcare delivery system affecting your responsibilities in professional nursing.
• Revised chapter organization makes content easier to grasp.
• Expanded Evolve resources reinforce what you've learned with Student Learning Worksheets, answers to Critical Thinking Activities, Appendices, and links to additional sources.
Free access to the MERLIN website is included with the text.
Reviewer: Vicki Ann Moss, DNSc, MS, BSN, RN (University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh) Description: This is a comprehensive overview of the main issues and trends in nursing. Purpose: This is a resource for students and nurses to help them understand complex nursing issues and implement strategies to enhance healthcare at the primary care level up to the national legislative arena. Audience: The audience includes undergraduate nursing students and RNs who desire to learn about the important issues facing nursing today. Features: Four units cover the development of nursing, current issues in healthcare, leadership and management, and career management. One new chapter focuses on cost containment and budgeting in healthcare organizations. Additional new information includes discussions on the doctor of nursing practice (DNP) and the clinical nurse leader (CNL), the nursing shortage, and biological mass casualty events. Each chapter includes real-life vignettes and questions to consider, integrated learning outcomes, and a list of Web sites. Numerous student and instructor resources are also available, including PowerPoint presentations and a completely revised test bank. Assessment: This is a very user-friendly book with a wealth of information on the history of nursing and the contemporary issues facing nursing. It is an excellent book for an issues course and could be used in traditional or online settings as well as a resource for nursing in-services. The extensive online resources and Web sites allow for various teaching/learning formats. The authors also inject some humor with cartoons throughout the book.