- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
Contemporary Nursing, Issues, Trends, & Management, 6th Edition prepares you for the rapidly evolving world of health care with a comprehensive yet focused survey of nursing topics affecting practice, as well as the issues facing today’s nurse managers and tomorrow’s nurse leaders. Newly revised and updated, Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob provide the most practical and balanced preparation for the issues, trends, and management topics you will encounter in practice.
• Content mapped to the AACN BSN Essentials emphasizes intraprofessional teams, cultural humility and sensitivity, cultural competence, and the CLAS standards.
• Vignettes at the beginning of each chapter put nursing history and practice into perspective, followed by Questions to Consider While Reading This Chapter that help you reflect on the Vignettes and prepare you for the material to follow.
• Case studies throughout the text challenge you to apply key concepts to real-world practice.
• Coverage of leadership and management in nursing prepares you to function effectively in management roles.
• Career management strategies include advice for making the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN ® examination.
• Key terms, learning outcomes, and chapter overviews help you study more efficiently and effectively.
• Helpful websites and online resources provide ways to further explore each chapter topic.