Contemporary Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing / Edition 1by Carol Ren Kneisl, Eileen Trigoboff, Holly Skodol Wilson, Eileen Trigoboff
This textbook provides the most current, authoritative, and comprehensive information on psychiatric-mental health nursing. The theme of this book is global mental health, with an emphasis on cultural competence, community, evidence-based nursing practice, and global issues of mental health care. The five units of this book focus on the theoretical basis for… See more details below
This textbook provides the most current, authoritative, and comprehensive information on psychiatric-mental health nursing. The theme of this book is global mental health, with an emphasis on cultural competence, community, evidence-based nursing practice, and global issues of mental health care. The five units of this book focus on the theoretical basis for psychiatric-mental health nursing practice, the processes and competencies for effective care, the nursing care far clients with mental disorders, vulnerable populations, and various nursing intervention strategies.FEATURES
• Using Research Evidencedemonstrates haw the reader can develop nursing interventions based on current research citations.
• Nursing Self-Awarenessengages the reader in a process of introspection and self-inquiry.
• Rx Communicationprovides verbatim examples of possible responses to a client and the rationales far alternatives help the reader apply therapeutic communication principles.
• Critical Thinking Challengesbegin each chapter with a case-based scenario that encourages readers to analyze an issue or an assertion related to the chapter topic.
• Caring for the Spiritreinforces the inter-connection of body, mind, and spirit far a holistic perspective.
• Culture, Family, and Medication Iconshighlight content that develops cultural competence, includes the family as partners in psychiatric-mental health care, or relates to psychapharmacalagy.
• Case Studies, Nursing Care Plans, DSM-IV-TR Classification, Client/Family Teaching, MediaLinks, andmore!
INTERACTIVE MEDIA RESOURCES
• Free Student CD-ROMan interactive program with NCLEX-style questions and rationales, an audio glossary, animations, video clips, and a link to the Companian Website.
• Free Companion Website www.prenhall.com/kneislwith additional NCLEX-style review questions, critical thinking activities, case studies, care plan assignments, links to related resources, and more!
• Online Course Companions for schools using course management systems such as, Blackboard, WebCT, and Course Compass.
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.66(w) x 11.22(h) x 1.48(d)
Table of Contents
|About the Authors|
|Unit I||Theoretical Basis for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing||3|
|Ch. 1||The Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse's Personal Integration and Professional Role||4|
|Ch. 2||Philosophy and Theories for Interdisciplinary Psychiatric Care||23|
|Ch. 3||Evidence-Based Practice in Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing||42|
|Ch. 5||Stress, Anxiety, and Coping||90|
|Ch. 6||Cultural Competence and Psychiatric Epidemiology||108|
|Unit II||Applying Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Processes and Competencies||129|
|Ch. 7||The Nursing Process with Psychiatric-Mental Health Clients||130|
|Ch. 8||Therapeutic Communication||141|
|Ch. 10||Clients' Rights, Ethics, and Advocacy||179|
|Ch. 11||Creating a Therapeutic Environment||206|
|Unit III||Clients with Mental Disorders||233|
|Ch. 12||Cognitive Disorders||234|
|Ch. 13||Substance-Related Disorders||260|
|Ch. 14||Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders||304|
|Ch. 15||Mood Disorders||334|
|Ch. 16||Anxiety, Somatoform, and Dissociative Disorders||366|
|Ch. 17||Gender Identity and Sexual Disorders||400|
|Ch. 18||Eating Disorders||425|
|Ch. 19||Sleep Disorders||451|
|Ch. 20||Personality Disorders||478|
|Ch. 21||Coexisting Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorders||506|
|Unit IV||Vulnerable Populations||525|
|Ch. 22||Clients at Risk for Suicide and Self-Destructive Behavior||526|
|Ch. 23||Persons at Risk for Abuse or Violence||543|
|Ch. 24||Psychiatric-Mental Health Clients with HIV/AIDS||571|
|Unit V||Nursing Intervention Strategies and Outcomes||659|
|Ch. 28||Counseling the Individual||660|
|Ch. 29||Group and Family Interventions||683|
|Ch. 30||Cognitive and Behavioral Interventions||707|
|Ch. 32||Complementary and Alternative Healing Practices||762|
|Ch. 33||Crisis Intervention||782|
|Ch. 34||Intervening in Violence in the Psychiatric Setting||802|
|Ch. 35||Forensic Psychiatric Nursing||819|
|App. A||DSM-IV-TR Classification||835|
|App. B||2003-2004 NANDA-Approved Nursing Diagnoses||849|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >